- Cancer is the leading disease cause of death in children.
- Less than 3% of cancer research funding goes to kids cancers.
- A child in the U.S. has a 1 in 320 chance of being diagnosed with cancer before their 21st birthday.
- 80% of kids cancers have already metastasized by the time of diagnosis.
- Unlike many adult cancers there is no early detection or screening for childhood cancer.
- Two classrooms full of kids are diagnosed with cancer every day.
- We lose 2,000 to 3,000 kids a year in the U.S. alone; 20,000 to 30,000 in 10 years.
- Some treatment protocols have not changed in 20-30 years.
- Chemotherapy & radiation cause chronic long term health problems for growing bodies.
- 75% of children who survive have long term side effects, and 30% have a severe or life-threatening illness.
- Researchers can do much better, but need your help.
1 child in every 320 in the U.S. is diagnosed with childhood cancer
dated treatments with long-term side effects
research needs your help now